Wednesday, 10 June 2009

Forensic Follies

It appears that I am a latecomer to the news of Buckethead's newest audio adventure. It was released on the 1st of July, and I only found out Yesterday. Disgraceful. If only Greg had maintained the slaughterhouse better, and actually provided a Mailing List to Bucketheadland.com, I may have known sooner. But anyway...
After listening to a few of the tracks on YouTube, I think I can safely say that I'll be giving this one a miss. It seems to basically be a sequence of random noises, drum loops, keyboard bits and what sounds like a guitar sneezing. While listening t the second track, I also noticed a lot of noises/sampled sounds from Electronic Slight of Hand, from Crime Slunk Scene.
I am listening to a playlist on YouTube right now with them all, and even on track 3 (Splinter in a Slunk's Eye), it still hasn't really changed.
The album is made from some of Buckethead's older stuff, with added drums, odd noises and things that sound like organs. Add in some other album's filler tracks, and you will come pretty close to this. I hope that this isn't going to be a new style of music for 'Big B'... But then again, he has been known to make some awful frequencies before...
Here is the link to the YouTube Playlist.



*Update*

While getting the above picture from Wikipedia, I found this:

"It has a different sound compared to anyone of other buckethead's albums, as it is made up of samples of riffs and beats from past Buckethead albums, which are then re-arranged in a new "chopped up" fashion"

Oohh... I knew it. Buckethead, you sly kitten.

No comments: