Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Honduras Diaries, July 19th

Today we did the Canopy Access thing. It was fun because once I got the hang of it it was easy. I also got some good photos from about 30 metres up. Our guide for this was called Damien. I also almost got stuck at the top of the tree because I forgot how to unclip the ‘up’ rope and attach the ‘down’ rope. Omar sat at the top of the tree for about half an hour. He was talking to some black ants.

This was also the first time it had stopped raining, and we actually saw a bit of sun. I dried out my raincoat.

In the afternoon we didn’t do anything. We sat around all day. That was fine though because it had stopped raining for most of the time. We have all been told to pack up some dry stuff (none) to take to the satellite camp tomorrow. I have also tried to use the computers in the office while the generator is on so I can send an email home. I will also visit my Blog so I get a marker from Honduras on my visits map.

We have just watched a film in the office called ‘The Darjeeling Limited’. It was good so I want to get it on DVD.

No comments: