Wednesday, 8 July 2009

Autumn

If, at all, you have ever read any of these posts, you should know that I am quite fond of a certain Mr. Buckethead, and am a fan of his works on the release Electric Tears. My favourite track on that album is Witches on the Heath.
It always manages to remind me of Autumn, whenever I listen to it. It conjures a very specific image of 'Autumn' for me, one that is yellow, orange and brown, the ground is dry, it is slightly windy, the leaves are blowing around independently, without sticking together from wetness. The air is crisp and cold, but I am warm. The trees around me are not completely bare, but have some of their leaves left on them. The trees around me are mainly Sycamore, Maple and Oak. There are also some chestnut seeds on the ground, which crunch when I stand on them, the kind with the fur on the inside.
I'm not sure why I get this image when Witches on the Heath plays. As far as I know, I have never been in such a situation, especially when listening to this album. I did first buy it in the autumn of last year, but that should only really remind me of dark nights, cold and wetness mixed with mud and boredom.


Also, I want to know who that is on the cover of the Electric Tears CD. It can't be actual, maskless Buckethead, can it? Maybe it's somebody who he has listed in the credits inside the sleeve... I'll probably never find out.

No comments: