Sunday, 5 July 2009

Honduras Diaries, July 29th.

Last night was the best nights sleep ever, despite having to get up at half twelve to turn the air con off, and despite having to get up at 5:30. For our breakfast we had muffins and ice tea. I also filled my platypus from the water coolers for our 3-hour journey to San Pedro Airport. By the time we got there, I was desperate for the toilet, so while I was supposed to be waiting at the bag check in I ran to the toilet. When I got back I discovered that my Platypus decided to leak in my bag and all over the floor, so I put the “Caution: Wet Floor” cone over it and ran away. I got checked in and found that I shouldn’t see my bags until we get to Heathrow. That saves us checking them in twice.

The flight to Texas took 2 hours and 36 minutes.

When we got off the plane, we ran through the airport so we could get more wandering time. It felt strange running in an airport where I could be shot.

After we had checked ourselves in, I was hungry, so I bought a sandwich pita bread thing, and gave Omar and Johnny some money too. Omar got a lemonade and Johnny got a chicken thing. After about half an hour of walking about, we had to meet at Terminal E4 at 5:30. I had loads of change in my pockets, so I spent it in a paper shop and bought M&Ms and a Twix. I met up with Ollie on the way to E4, and he had bought me an octopus. I was amazed. He got me it because I was complaining about not seeing a squid while we were diving, when the instructors say they see them all the time. The octopus is called Opie.

The journey to Heathrow only took 9 hours instead of 11 because we were travelling with the Earth’s spin instead of against it.

No comments: