Monday, 24 August 2009

The Definitive Review of Cornwall

I have just come back from Cornwall, where I have been , internetless and disconnected for 10 whole days. I have never, ever wanted an iPhone so much as I did then. 3G would have been a very welcome sight over in Cornwall, especially since most people there are scared of technology and probably crucify CDs. But anyway...
Cornwall is a silly place. I stayed in Bude, on the North coast of the West bit. It was filled with Cornish pasties, Ice cream, endless bottles of cider and people who were walking around the place with sufboards and bodyboards.
The problem with Cornwall is, it is too far away. Especially in a car. So, while I was internetless and bored, I bough Q and Empire magazines in a kind of weird 2-for-1 packet thing. Empire enlightened me to a film called Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus. It is about a massive shark fighting a massive octopus, who were both frozen in mid-combat since the ice age.. Sounds like a brilliant film. Also, Q told me that The Flaming Lips have a new album out, and Muse's new album, out 18th September, is going to be odd.
While spending too long in the car, I also began re-re-listening to ISOT, but forgot to write down/make any reviews of each CD and track. So you'll have to wait a bit longer.

No comments: