Sunday, 13 September 2009

Population Override

When I got Population Override a while ago, I never actually got around to posting a review of it up here. I don't know why that was, but it never happened. Also, I have noticed that it doesn't have that much recognition in my Blog as I'd like it to.
In the last few days, I have listened to it about five times, and I can't actually believe how good it was without me really noticing it the first time round. I remember comparing it to some of the tracks on ISOT, but other than that, it hasn't ever really been mentioned. The standout tracks on PO are Unrestrained Growth, Too Many Humans, Cruel reality of Nature, Earth Heals Herself, A Day Will Come, Clones and '...'. That's seven out of ten tracks are really good, and considering that a lot of Buckethead's albums have got a lot of filler in them, that's quite a good ratio. Even the three that aren't as good are still above the average standard of said 'filler', and are easily passable as good songs on their own.

No comments: