Thursday, 1 October 2009

A Real Diamond In The Rough II

I know that I have said a few times that 'the next Buckethead album will be Albino Slug...' and then it never happens? Well, it looks like it is going to be put off again. The next album will be A Real Diamond in the Rough. I have just been listening to it on YouTube, and I never realised how good it was when it came out, and I wrote about it here. It's my birthday in 8 days as well, so I can hopefully go on a Buckethead rampage with my new monies.

As for the last CD he released, A Needle In A Slunk Stack, I am not a fan. Of the two tracks currently on YouTube, they both sound the same as Forensic Follies. All snippy and badly glued together again. One of the comments from Clee3421 for the track 'Needle in a Slunk Stack' said this: "Forensic Follies was a test album, him playing(hence follies) around with this whole remix idea. It's choppy and stitched together, and uses no original parts. He was simply testing the waters, saying "I'm gonna try this crazy shit, and document it in CD form"

Now with Needle in a Slunk Stack, he's made the pieces smoother, recorded some cool new guitar and percussion, and gave it a more "Buckethead" title, saying "This is what I was aiming for, my finished product". Follies was the blueprints."

I think that's a good way to put it. Let's just hope his next CD is more to my taste. Bear in mind that 'my taste' is most of Buckethead's stuff. I have actually warmed to most of ISOT, and a lot of it is still just awful frequencies.

No comments: