Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Day 12, Sunday 24th January (7 Days to Go)

Here I am, standing on the brink of existence, with little but one week to go until I resume my day-to-day life, and everything returns to normal. There won’t be any more scuttling around trying to plan ahead, for there will be constant connectivity, and I will be able to check up on pretty much anything, anyone, anytime, and it will be brilliant, for I am the Internet Wizard.

But that particular premonition is still seven long days away, 0.019164956 years, 168 hours, 10,080 minutes, 604,800 seconds. If you are really sad it could also be 6.048E14 Nanoseconds (I don’t know what the ‘E’ means here, but either way it’s a stupidly big number). [Those stats are courtesy of Apple’s Unit Converter Dashboard Widget]

Today I am crushed. My hopes and dreams shattered like a broken mirror. As you piece it together, your image keeps shifting, and you change with it. It could destroy you, drive you mad. It could set you free. I can’t play SSHD until my connection returns, next week. I took my entire Xbox to ‘that pervert’s house’ and got everything connected, and I was allowed to play it as though nothing had happened. All I had to do is connect to XBL. I hate this. I was convinced that I could play all other XBL Arcade games offline. I’m pretty certain I have played Marble Blast Ultra offline before. Ridiculous. I hate Microsoft. I also hate DRM, slow Internet, clogged tubes and Pop Music.

I’m feeling some pasta today. I’m thinking of maybe Tomato and Chili. I have to take my days in little chunks in order so I can slowly begin to function without any Internet. It is a painful task, requiring lots of careful planning and thought – Both of which I have none of.

No comments: