Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Day 16, Thursday 28th January (3 Days to Go (until Serious Sam))

Today is much lighter than yesterday because I got my Theory of a Deadman CD in the post – a whole 5 weeks ahead of schedule. It is the Special Edition, which I didn’t know, so I got a bonus DVD and a load of extra tracks. I haven’t listened to them yet, but on the DVD are all of their videos up to now and a few have ‘Making of…’ type things on them. It has all their videos from the other albums too so it also includes Santa Monica (probably my favourite song after Witches on the Heath) and that absolutely disgusting, despicable Hate My Life. I can’t stand that song. It is as bad as Rockstar by Nickelback, which is the straw that broke the camels back in terms of them losing all credibility and firmly placing them in the ‘pop-rock/appealing-only-to-12-year-olds’ category.

I have also gathered a few CDs from down stairs from my Mam and Dad’s collections, so now I have a few more albums I need to listen to. I got The Four Tops: The Ultimate Collection (I’ve seen The Four Tops when I was in Spain. I can’t remember it because I was only about 4, but that isn’t the point), Eric Clapton: Unplugged, Jump Back by the Rolling Stones (It’s a best-of CD, so I’m expecting it to be better than any other of their albums), The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac (again, a best-of) and The Simon and Garfunkel Collection, which is a 5 CD and 1 DVD set in a nice little box. I already have Simon and Garfunkel’s Greatest Hits so I’ll have to avoid tracks from there when slapping them onto iTunes. I’ll start listening to those today, and I’ll do them in chronological order because I’m that sad, starting with Wednesday Morning, 3 AM from 19/10/1964. Another little discovery is that Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme was released on my birthday, 10th of October, in 1966. Co-inky-dink, no?

As from what I said yesterday, the DVD I decided to watch was none of the above. I watched Russell Brand: Scandalous live at the O2 that I got for Christmas but hadn’t watched because went to see him on that tour. It annoyed me that some of the things I thought were just stupid people turned out to be scripted, like the loudly-laughing woman, and some people standing up and saying they had left something on the stage but hadn’t. Damn you, Russell for tricking me! Damn you, Guillotine! Your Hand is useless now! It’s never going to work again!

No comments: