Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Day 3, Friday January 15th. (16 Days to Go)

Enter the Chicken has arrived! Wooo! More Buckethead to feast upon!

I can’t download any album art. AAAAAUUUGHHHHHH!! *Insert tangible anger here*

I feel like a Heroin addict. No Internet connection is a seriously difficult affliction to live with in the 21st century. Everything is online. So much so that I constantly forget that I am essentially living in 1980 but with an Xbox and an iMac. “Marty! 1.21 JIGAWATTS!” I am getting seriously bored. I am so glad that I downloaded almost 4GB of Russell Brand Radio shows ranging from the three shows he did in 2006 with Karl Pilkington, then the BBC6 Music set, and also every podcast from the ill-fated Radio 2 show. Hilarious business. Or at least it would be, if I wasn’t in a swirling pit of despair due to my lack of tubes.

Currently the only thing I look forward to is getting to Soundslive tomorrow to get an Amp. I don’t need the Internet to use an amp, do I? But I do for the instruction manual, which, will likely not come with it. Maybe I could have a Weekend in the City… Or I could drive to Brighton…

At school today I visited all the sites I might need over the long, dark, disconnected 48 hours that lay ahead of me. I collected various phone numbers for Soundslive, Windows, GuitarGuitar and a few other places I can’t remember. In my 20 hours of ‘living on the edge of modern existence’, I have learned the hard way that living without the Internet requires a lot of planning ahead and scheduling.

On the bright side, however, at least I can get some revision done without risk of distraction, but on the other side of the ‘Coyne’ I need the Internet to do some extra revision that I might need explaining a bit. I never realised how much my life depended on the Internet. Do you realise, that you have the most beautiful face? Do you realise we’re floating in space? Do you realise that happiness makes you cry? Do you realise that everyone you know someday will die?

Now, ahead of me, I face the first Saturday of disconnection. I feel like if I take one more step, it will be the farthest I’ve ever been from home. I can’t even use the Dells at school… It’s going to be a rough 24 hours. I await the kicking legs with a roll of Duct Tape and a mouthful of toothpicks…

Played Far Cry 2 on my lonesome, offline yesterday. I don’t need the Internet to roam Africa and kill stuff, so that was the same as it was last week. I have also got a bit more Fallout 3 to do, so I could waste my days on that as well. And actually, I don’t think I finished Ninja Gaiden II… Fun and Games! Goblins and Ghouls!

No comments: