Monday, 8 February 2010

Day 8, Wednesday 20th January, (11 Days to Go)

A lot of stuff happened today. I’ll start with the most important: Serious Sam. I phone up the Xbox guys and had to talk to one of those silly automated things that can’t understand me, so I had to speak with an American accent for it to understand what I want. Stupid. Then, after about 10 minutes of ‘I didn’t catch that. Can you repeat that please?’ I finally got through to some guy with an accent I couldn’t even understand. Touché, Microsoft. So I finally managed to get the ‘agent’ on the phone to understand that I don’t actually have the Internet, but still managed to download an Arcade game and have a Live Profile. I kept telling him that I took it to my friend’s house and used his Internet and his Xbox. This charade took about 7 minutes. He then said: “You need to transfer the license to your Xbox”. I need to go to Xbox.com then search for Transfer Licence article, and it will let me put both Xbox’s serial numbers in and then it should work, and update my console when connected to XBL next. But I can’t connect to Xbox Live. I kept telling him, but he couldn’t understand that some people really don’t have the Internet at their house, and he kept saying stuff like “Yes, but you downloaded it so you must be connected”. The Xbox Helpline is very good service, but there’s some pretty dim people working there. Also, the hold music is dreadful. “Why do Nuns always have such terrible hold music? If I hear ‘Avé Maria’ one more time I’m going to kill something”

So, by the look of it, I need to Transfer the Licence then connect to Xbox Live. This is getting silly. I might have to take my actual Xbox console to the Pervert’s house, unless I wait until February, which I don’t want to do because I don’t know if the Licence business expires or whatever... Best not to risk it. On the Plus Side of today, the Trial Game of SSHD is fantastic. It’s going to take some serious persuasion to make me want to buy CoD: MW2 now.

In other news, both of my CDs have been posted from their respective warehouse things. Amazon has sent out the Cuckoo Clocks of Hell, so that will be here within the next 5 days. Also, The Omega Order has despatched my Theory of a Deadman Scars & Souvenirs CD with Signed Artbook. I’ll see that in 3-8 weeks. I’ve already discussed my shame in buying that CD, and the reasons why I did so a few days ago. I’m not going to do it again.

Now I’m going to kill some hideous Trial Monsters on Serious Sam. I have also installed Serious Sam: The Second Encounter on my Dad’s computer. I have all the cheats in because I want to get through it quickly so I can play the Grand Cathedral level. That’s the best bit, and the music is the soundtrack to my childhood. Its best to play on SERIOUS (Are you serious?) difficulty, MENTAL is too hard, but Serious is nice. I can’t deal with flashing monsters.

Life would be so much easier if I had some tubes… Internet should be free for all, so none of this silly business could happen. Gordon, if you read this, sort it out. In Finland it’s a human right to have broadband. You don’t want to be known as a Dictator, do you? Nobody likes a selfish Dictator. I can easily expose you as a member of the Oro. I’m sure the Daily Mail will love that scandal. Some very influential people are in the Oro. I remember when the President got handed a piece of paper during a speech saying ‘The Remedy is among us!’ and had a heart attack. You don’t want that, do you Gordon?

No comments: