Saturday, 6 March 2010

Welcome Back, me!

It's been quite a while since I posted last, but there is a really valid reason for that: I've been revelling in the joy of faster, more reliable, beautiful, smoother tubes. I have been caught up in trying to hunt down all lost information that I missed out on during those dark times when I was tubeless.
Anyway, the main reason for this sudden re-arrival is I have news on the guitar front. Remember how I got that lovely Vox VT15 amp a while back? Yeah, well I had to take it back to the shop because it didn't do what I told it to do, and it got all uppity when being told to be quiet. So, ampless and tubeless, I suffered. Unable to cry me tears over the internet, I had to weep while using Ye Olde Yamaha to make my noises with. (It's called a Yamaha GA-10. It actually stands for 'Guitar Amp - 10 Watts'. )
I looked at a few other amps; I wanted one that had a few effects built in, and also wasn't rubbish. I have been told to avoid Line 6 amps at all cost, so that really left me with two real options: Peavey Vypyr 15 and Orange Crush 20LDX.
Cutting to the chase, today I got me a new shiny Orange. I'm very impressed by it, and from what I heard of the Peavey when I tried it in Guitarguitar the other week it sounds a lot more 'tubey' despite no tubes being in there. (I sound like I know what I'm talking about... I don't really.)
So that's that.
In other news, I've been playing a lot of Serious Sam. I'm now going through on Serious difficulty, and by the time I've finished that The Second Encounter will be unleashed. Which means Corridor Of Death all over again!

Here's a demo of my new amp:

No comments: