Saturday, 10 April 2010

Twilight Theater

Today I got the new Poets of the Fall CD, Twilight Theater. I ordered it a few days ago and it has come already... I was expecting it to take at least a week, considering it was coming from Finland.
Anyway, I got it from a place called Record Shop X, and I would have bought it from the POTF website but the ones they recommended sold the CD cheaper than they did, and with less postage costs.
The album is very good. I don't think it's as good as Signs of Life, but it is easily as good as Revolution Roulette, which is brilliant as well. The highlight of the album is easily War, which is also going to be in the soundtrack for possibly the best game since Serious Sam: Alan Wake. I discovered POTF by playing through Max Payne 2, in which the soundtrack was Late Goodbye from Signs of Life, and Alan Wake is being made by Remedy too, so I am expecting good things to the same standard as Valve games...


The only thing bad about this album is the name and the artwork. The name sounds cheesy and the cover is very, almost dangerously similar to a certain Mr. Aphex Twin...


No comments: