Thursday, 15 July 2010

Best Regards

Remember In Search of The...? Well, when that was first released in 2007, the firs 999 copies were hand drawn, signed and numbered by Buckethead himself. After that first batch of 999, they were all the same, like mine is.
Today, I was innocently perusing on TDRS Music, and lo and behold, I was slapped with this lovely, but entirely out-of-the-blue surprise.

It is a new Limited Edition box set, with 5 coloured CDs and around 4 hours of music. It is called Best Regards.
The people involved are Buckethead, Brain and an unknown someone called Mellisa, who is playing the keyboards. I have no idea how many of these limited copies will be produced, what is on them or what else to expect. I ordered them without a second thought.
Here is all the information on the set which was provided by Travis, on THIS page:

New! Limited edition box set from Buckethead and Brain.

"Best Regards"

5 discs of all original music. Each disc set is hand drawn and numbered by Buckethead, Brain and Mellisa.

Burned to colored CDr's and housed in a 5 disc case.

Buckethead-guitar
Brain-drums and keyboards
Mellisa-keyboards and percussion

Orange Disc:
Track 1: 13:00
Track 2: 13:24
Track 3: 19:22

Blue Disc:
Track 1: 9:50
Track 2: 19:37
Track 3: 15:02

Green Disc:
Track 1: 30:00
Track 2: 10:17

Yellow Disc:
Track 1: 13:06
Track 2: 12:58
Track 3: 9:28
Track 4: 11:35

Purple Disc:
Track 1: 17:05
Track 2: 31:53

The unnamed tracks and the absolute immensity of this looks like it could be like a smaller ISOT, but I think that Buckethead only does really strange, sometimes unlistenable stuff when he's on his own. Other people seem to make him do structured music.
I'm hoping for each disc to have it's own sound. Or for it to be a large set of Population Override or Dragons of Eden styled tracks, but I never know what to expect from Buckethead.
I should have it in 1-2 weeks. I can already see that they are going to drag along until I get this. I love this. Me, the proud father of a Limited Edition Buckethead boxset.
It is a good day.

No comments: